Want to work with Dalmatian DIY as a guest, special contributor, sponsor, or affiliate? If you enjoy what you see here at Dalmatian DIY (or on our social media) and think that we might be a good fit for your target readers or customers, then let’s create something pawesome together. Here’s the scoop on teaming up with Dalmatian DIY for a special collaboration or pitching us a guest post proposal.
Collaborating with the Dalmatian DIY Blog
Dalmatian DIY is PR-friendly, flexible, and open to ideas. We consider interviews, guest posts, targeted articles, and other collaborations. We also consider offers for honest user reviews of related products or brands that align with our content and readership. Additional information, including our detailed Disclosure Policy, is available here on the blog and questions are welcome.
Wondering if we’re a good fit for a product or brand collaboration? Explore our archives to get a feeling for our blog and our lifestyle. We enjoy creating unique content for the blog, including the images we use here and share on our social media. Laura (the author and blog owner) has a Diploma in Photography and a Cert IV in Digital Design, specialising in photography.
Our niche is strongly oriented towards DIY-dog-friendly living, making us a natural fit for cooking or baking equipment and supplies, and for crafting tools and materials. We also personally use many ready-made dog products (including durable toys and high-quality commercial food and treats) at home and on our adventures. We live a very dog-friendly lifestyle, enjoy a wide range of activities, are open to trying new things, and are actively invested in supporting the ongoing health and happiness of our pets through all stages of life.
Dalmatian DIY is New Zealand based. We have a global dog-loving audience and social media following; however, our location, product availability, and/or climate may not suit some collaborations.
Media and Features
We will be adding a press kit and media section at a later date. In the interim, please contact us with your specific request or invitation.
Invitations to Guest Post or Provide Content
Have an invitation for us? We don’t actively seek opportunities to write or create content for other websites and/or media. If you’d like to invite us to be your guests, we ‘ll consider invitations to author guest posts where the collaboration opportunity suits our niche and would be mutually beneficial. Original articles, including accompanying feature photographs, can be created for guest posts, media articles, and other features. Contact us with your specific pitch, proposal, or invitation.
Including our Content in a Collection or Round-Up
We love it when readers share our links, feature one of our posts, or pin our content. It’s great when folks link to our blog, share our links, and invite others to visit us. Thanks for helping us grow!
Photos from Dalmatian DIY (here or on social media) can only be used in direct relation to sharing our content, unless you have requested and received permission for a special purpose. As per our FAQs and Copyright Policy, if you’re doing a round-up style post on your own blog or website and would like to link to Dalmatian DIY, you’re welcome to include one of our images, with appropriate credit linking back to the source post here. If you have questions or special requests, please get in touch.
Guest Posting at Dalmatian DIY
We do not actively seek outside content, but we do occasionally accept guest posts. These are limited to interesting original content from knowledgeable sources that suit our niche content and audience. Here is a quick rundown of our guest posting policy:
- Posts must offer genuine interest value to our audience.
- Posts must be the author’s own original created content. We only consider guest posts (whether paid or uncompensated) that are specifically dog related with original content created by the guest author. Please note that our blog is heavily DIY focused, are we are not looking for general dog-related content. No matter how great it might be, it’s not the right fit for posting here.
- We don’t accept round-ups, collections, product posts, etc. as guest pitches.
- The post content must be shared only in the special guest post at Dalmatian DIY, not shared on multiple sites. We only consider unique content. We aren’t interested in resharing existing content, whether as-is or reworked.
- We do not offer in-post link placements; however, guest author byline credits may include a link to their own website if/as applicable. Other links may be suitable on a case-by-case basis to provide reference or supplementary information within the guest posts.
- The author must be a content niche specialist or suitable authority for the proposed content, with a proven track record of creating quality unique content on their own site and/or in guest posts. We actively screen all potential guests and will search for past works. Our guests are typically either creative specialists (artists, crafters, bakers, and cooks) sharing pet-related content at a DIY level or dog experts and professionals (veterinarians, nutritionists, trainers, and similar).
- Post pitches and/or draft posts are checked for quality, copyright concerns, content duplication, and other factors at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to reject a post at any stage, including after publication if issues are noted.
If you think you might suit our niche and can provide original unique content, please contact us with your pitch(es). Please take the time to review the key points listed above before pitching. If needed, we can also provide a more detailed summary of our guest post preferences and approach. If we decline your pitch, it isn’t a rejection of you or your post concept – we decline most pitches as we are working to establish a very specific content style and niche. Thanks for understanding!
We do not participate in link exchanges or accept requests for link placements. This is a firm site policy. We don’t offer any form of on-page link placements (paid, exchanged, or otherwise). If linking is your pitch, no matter what your proposal or content may be, then we’re simply not the site you’re looking for. Sorry!